We are looking to appoint a Communications Officer, for an immediate start.
We are looking for a hard-working and motivated person to continue to build the CPS’ profile in the media and with key stakeholders; to lead on its digital and social media output; and to ensure that the impact of the organisation’s publications is maximised.
The role comprises three main duties:
- Liaising directly with the press and handling media enquiries.
- Overseeing the distribution of all CPS publications: from scheduling and building networks of contacts, through to final delivery.
- Preparing regular email bulletins and news briefings on behalf of the CPS.
- Monitoring national and specialist media to identify news stories relevant to the CPS’ work.
- Using the CPS’ forward planning service to keep the wider team updated about relevant upcoming events in the policy and political calendar.
Digital and social media communications
- Leading on the CPS’ digital strategy, including running the CPS Twitter and Facebook campaigns.
- Managing and updating the CPS website and creating digital media content.
- Monitoring and aggregating media hits and producing regular performance reports.
Events and Administration
- Overseeing media activity at events, including filming, photography and live-tweeting.
- Liaising with external suppliers, including IT support and database management.
- Comfortable working independently and proactively to lead communications activitys
- Strong media relations skills, confident working with journalists and pitching articles.
- Good time management to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong written communication and eye for design.
- Highly capable running social media and online outreach campaigns.
- Full competency with Microsoft Office suite of programmes (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of economic, social and/or public policy.
- Experience with communications software and tools such as MailChimp, Foresight, Vocus etc. is desirable.
Location: Westminster, London.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave and a contributory pension scheme available after a six month probationary period.
To apply for this role please complete the Application Form and return it to [email protected].
Closing date: 23:59 Sunday 11 December 2016. Interviews will be scheduled week commencing Monday 12 December 2016.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not received notification within 30 days unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful, but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.