The Centre for Policy Studies is proud to have published a major collection of essays, 'Britain Beyond Brexit', edited and assembled by George Freeman MP and the 2020 Group of Conservatives on Monday 10th June 2019.
The book contains more than 35 essays from Conservative MPs from north and south, left and right, Leave and Remain, setting out policy ideas for post-Brexit Britain. It includes contributions from the Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, the Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, the Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP, the Rt Hon Dominic Raab MP and a foreword from the Rt Hon Ruth Davidson MSP.
The book is organised around six key themes:
• 'Identity, Place and Belonging' discusses the importance of people’s natural loyalty to place and how it can be better harnessed.
• 'Opportunity Society' looks at how to reform schools, skills, welfare and public services to put opportunity at the heart of our society.
• 'Innovation Economy' sets out a bold package of ideas for unleashing a renaissance of innovation and enterprise, showing how it is fundamental to social mobility.
• 'Responsibility and Social Justice' outlines a model of social justice which always provides a safety net for those in need but helps avoid debilitating state dependency.
• 'Security and Insecurity' explores new asymmetric military threats and reforms to aid and trade.
• Finally, 'Culture, Community and Citizenship' argues that real security is about more than just a society’s wealth or military power. It also rests on the resilience of its shared values and the institutions that protect them.
You are able to purchase the book by clicking here.