Today’s stories from and about the CPS, as well as some of the most interesting articles seen online chosen by @LewisCPS.
- CPS Research Fellow Kathy Gyngell was quoted in The Independent story on a senior health advisor facing criticism for his links to a company involved in a million pound drug trial – ‘Drugs policy advisor under fire over links to pharmaceutical company’ http://tiny.cc/k765w
- CPS Research Fellow Cristina Odone writes for The Telegraph on women and networking – ‘Why women find it so hard to play the visiting card’ http://tiny.cc/nvt4d
- On Sunday Research Fellow Harriet Sergeant was published in The Times – ‘March in, speak out: spot checks are the way to improve services’ (£) http://tiny.cc/q4iot
- EU crisis: The Greek Austerity Diet will only leave them feeling fed up (Boris Johnson, The Telegraph) http://tiny.cc/x094f
- UK seeking £50 billion infrastructure boost – report (Reuters) http://tiny.cc/9xmy7
- Italy's Monti starts work on forming new government (Irish Times) http://tiny.cc/ygj4z
- It's not the eurozone, stupid (Nick Robinson, BBC News) http://tiny.cc/y9ru1
- Labour MP Alan Keen dies after cancer battle (BBC News) http://tiny.cc/1v1bg
- How to ditch the euro but not Europe? (John Rentoul, Independent) http://tiny.cc/paf34
- Osborne in hunt for growth plan (City AM) http://tiny.cc/c672w
- Will there ever be accountability in European spending? (Anthony Pickles, The Commentator) http://tiny.cc/njhlp
- Why it’s important to defend capitalism today (Anton Howes, Independent) http://tiny.cc/eeeoc
- Big Brother is watching and listening in Oxford (Big Brother Watch) http://tiny.cc/d2zhl
- The whips - Dark art decline? (Sam Macrory, The House Magazine) http://tiny.cc/9dzfi
- Jordan's King Abdullah calls on Assad to 'step down' (BBC News) http://tiny.cc/xublb
- The Conservatives Have Much To Learn From John Howard's Appeal To Blue Collar Voters (Daniel Skelton, Huffington Post) http://tiny.cc/k1wu8
- Confidence in press in 'state of crisis', Ken Clarke warns (Journalism.co.uk) http://tiny.cc/vdofb
- Unsurprising fact of the day: Voters don't expect politicians to deliver on promises (Tim Montgomerie, Conservative Home) http://tiny.cc/uxhf9
- Merkel Risks EU Clash Over Political Union Push (Bloomberg) http://tiny.cc/ne6ns
The Centre for Policy Studies would like to send its condolences to the family and friends of Alan Keen MP.
The CPS is not responsible for the content of external links, nor does it necessarily endorse the opinions contained within.